Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's about that time again...

We are throwing a party this weekend!

My roommates and I wanted to have a house-warming party once we got settled in. My roommate, Courtney's birthday is coming up next week. Since the birthday party we were planning for Courtney would fall on the same weekend as my Europe trip (!!!) we decided to not only combine the two parties, but have the extravaganza ASAP. I'm excited to show off our new house to our friends, and I have some fun surprises up my sleeve to celebrate Courtney's coming of age (can a person have a coming-of-age at 22?).

Don't worry, I'm planning on taking pictures! Not only to give you a peek at the house, but to prove that I have friends! (kidding... I'm not really desperate)

The party was originally going to be a costume party, but since it was so short notice everyone decided it would take too much time and effort to dress up.
However, the idea of a costume party got me brainstorming all the things I could dress up as for a potential party! I like the idea of DIY costumes and masks much more than janky store-bought costumes probably sewn under unethical conditions. I am pocketing a few ideas to craft on a rainy day, once I save up for a sewing machine.

I hope you all have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Have fun, Steph!

    xo,
    Ashley
    anylovelything.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see some pics of the new place :)

    ReplyDelete