Thursday, May 10, 2012

Adventures in Bridesmaidland

Monday was a very productive day.
Since it was Tegan's last day in town before permanently moving back to the Midwest, I took the day off to get in some extra bonding time*. We met our former roommate, Lindsey, at the Santa Anita Mall (the best mall closest to to Azusa, in my opinion) for lunch and manicures. Yes, it was an uncharacteristic outing for Tegan and me, as the girliest thing we ever do is watch Hilary Duff movies and eat chocolate (and then follow it up by watching Saw). But it was nice to be "pampered" and get our nails fixed after a week of packing and lifting heavy boxes.

After our manicures, we did a bit of shopping. I was in the market for some knitted/braided/sparkly headbands to spice up my dowdy work uniform. We then went to Forever 21, where I was most hopeful about the headbands but alas, there were none. So we decided to give H&M a chance.

At H&M I was pointing out all of the white dresses and sarcastically suggesting that Tegan buy her wedding dress there. Moments later, Lindsey points out a cute gray dress and says "I love this dress! I wish I had seen this when I was shopping for a bridesmaid's dress for my sister's wedding!"

Lightbulb!

Conveniently, I am in search of a gray bridesmaid's dress for Tegan's wedding so of course I had to try it on. After trying on two sizes that didn't fit (oye vey: that's all I'm going to say about that.) I finally tried it on and fell in love with it. I didn't have very many expectations about the dress I was going to choose, but this one seemed to be destined for me. Not to mention Tegan was gushing over it and she is the bride so her opinion trumps all!

Here is the dress!

Here is the dress on me. It's a truly awful picture,
but it was taken in a fluorescent-lit fitting room so please pretend not to notice.

Overall, it was a fun and productive day! I got my nails done and walked away with the perfect bridesmaid's dress for only $45. I also needed some relaxation badly before jumping back in at work, and the shopping therapy was just what the psychologist ordered! 

No, I did not end up finding any headbands. If you know where I can purchase some, please help a sista out. 


*fun fact: last year, Tegan and I both had the same shade of red hair and her neighbors could not tell us apart from the back. They also could not remember my name so they dubbed me "Tegan 2.0"

3 comments:

  1. I think the "awful" picture isn't awful at all! It's so cute! Not to mention the dress is fantastic! And the cost is half the price I had to pay for my b-maid dress for Barrie's wedding :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super cute! Love the dress. Also, shop fairtrade headbands! Tradeasone.com has a cute one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, gals! I can't wait to see all of the dresses the other bridesmaids choose (it's one of those weddings) and Amanda I will definitely check out that website! I also saw some DIY braided headbands online that you make out of old t-shirts that I'm eager to try!

    ReplyDelete